- 380 mg of DHA and 440 mg of EPA per 1 softgel serving.
- 180 softgels per bottle – an amazing value!
- Omega-3 fish oil content has been highly refined and concentrated.
- Anti-inflammatory support properties may aid the cardiovascular system, the brain, and more.
Why Reach for Orthomega?
By now, most people are aware of the astounding nutritional benefits which can arise from omega-3 fatty acid supplementation. That’s because the body relies on eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), the two most prominent omega-3’s, to keep numerous bodily systems functioning properly. This is due primarily to their anti-inflammatory support properties.1
Meanwhile, there are countless groups of people who avoid seafood in their diets for various reasons, and are therefore deprived of these essential fats. Omega-3 supplementation could be useful for all types, but those who avoid eating seafood may be particularly in need.
However, not all omega-3 supplements are made as equals. The primary issue is the quality and purity of the fish oil. Ortho Molecular Products Orthomega is made from exclusive fish oil which has been purified, vacuum-distilled and independently tested. Cheaper brands might not be so thorough and their fish oils are liable to contain harmful levels of toxic heavy metals, pesticides, and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). Thankfully, Ortho-Molecular is not one of these brands.
That brings us to the issue of omega-3 supplements which are not made from fish oil at all! Flaxseeds, chia seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and canola oil are all sources of omega-3 fatty acids, but tend to contain much higher levels of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), as opposed to EPA and DHA. ALA may then be converted into EPA and DHA within the body, but it is commonly purported that the same health benefits may not be conveyed.2 These supplements are still a viable option for those who live a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, but those looking for a standard Omega-3 supplement should avoid these ingredients.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose